Today, most enterprises are considering how to leverage the cloud to support growth, provide test infrastructure for applications development and to support general on demand, elastic support requirements. You have probably already researched the private, public, and hybrid cloud solutions that are available to you.
However, the one thing you may not have considered yet is just how big and challenging this cloud project will prove to be.
As you work through various implementation scenarios and evaluate the benefits that cloud will deliver to your business, it’s likely that you still have a range of issues to resolve – issues that are totally unique to your business.
Here are some of the most common issues organizations must consider when planning their route towards the cloud:
- Choosing the Right Vendors: You must have a business strategy that determines the risk/reward of the many choices open to you before implementing your cloud strategy.
- Loss of Control: By entrusting a third party to be an honest, collaborative and reliable business partner to house and support your business data, you must choose wisely.
- Security & Compliance: Your partner must have proven knowledge of Security & Compliance. Not all providers include this level of specialist advice and expertise within their business model and you need to verify.
- Needed Changes to Your Network Architecture: Most customers understand moving to a cloud or hybrid-cloud structure will impact your requirements on the WAN. However, what about network routing, latency and security changes? It’s critical for you to scope all required changes for an effective and security migration.
- Gaps in Internal Expertise: Do you have the tools, resources and skills needed to implement, monitor and manage cloud solutions? Where are the gaps and how do you plan to fill them?
Choosing the right provider and risk profile will be a critical factor in determining the success of your cloud strategy. When choosing between partners for your private, public, and hybrid Cloud solutions, you need to consider how well each vendor fits with your business strategy.
Altitude Unlimited provides a variety of Cloud Solutions as well as consulting services if you choose the cloud solution path with large, multi-national vendors such as Amazon Web Services, Google and Microsoft.